Frequently Asked Questions
What is Porridge?
Porridge is a hot cereal made from a variety of grains including corn, wheat, millets, sesame, and soya. This particular product is made for children between 6-24 months and can be consumed as breakfast, afternoon snack, or diner.
What is the difference between Kibondo Porridge and Bouillie?
The main differences between Kibondo Porridge and Bouillie are:
- Kibondo Porridge is pre-cooked / instant. It means that you do not have to cook it the way the Bouillie is prepared. All you need to do is add hot water, mix well and the meal is ready.
- Kibondo Porridge is fortified unlike most Bouillie. It means that it has been enriched with vitamins and minerals that your child needs to be healthy and grow well.
- Kibondo Porridge is delicious and does not require any additional ingredients such as milk and sugar.
Why choose Kibondo Porridge?
- Easy to prepare – simply add hot water & mix!
- Instant – ready within seconds!
- Economical – no need to add sugar and milk!
- Convenient – can have it anytime and anywhere (for as long as you have hot water)!
- It has been scientifically proven that the 1,000-day window has a profound impact on a child’s ability to grow, learn, and thrive. Everything from the child’s overall health to cognitive development is rooted in the first 1,000 days. Kibondo Porridge has been enriched with vitamins and minerals that are essentials during this critical stage of growth and development.
- Kibondo Porridge contains adequate supply of proteins, carbohydrates, energy, minerals and vitamins in the right proportions for your child. Our nutritional profile is carefully matched to your child’s recommended daily allowance.
Can older children or adults eat it?
The meal can be consumed by anyone from 6 months and above. This particular brand is composed of vitamins and minerals essentials for children between the ages of 6-24 months.